Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time To Buy A Bike

Okay, let's get serious about losing weight.

To do that, you need to practice portion control with your eating - eat whatever you want, just do it in small portions.

And exercise an hour a day. Some people like to jog. I like to bike. It's easier on women with larger breasts, I find jogging very uncomfortable for that reason (although sports that require running only periodically, like softball or tennis, I enjoy) and you can simply go places faster on a bike.

I would advise you to get a mountain bike from your local bike store, rather than picking something up at Walmart or K-mart. Have you ever seen the furniture put together by those stores???? Do you want to trust them to put a bike together properly? No - go to a bike store.

I have a mountain bike, even though I don't do mountain biking, because I like the fat tires. I can go up or down curbs with no problem.

Another tool you absolutely must have is an odometer. I have a Catseye. It's just like a car odometer - there's one setting that tells me how far I've gone on a specific trip, and my speed, and another setting that tracks my total mileage on the bike itself.

Now, biking on a flat surface is extremely easy. Very enjoyable. But then the wind comes along, and can make it hard to peddle. And if you have to go up inclines or hills, that can be tiring.

So you're going to have to break in to biking gradually. I'll explain more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment