Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Establish good habits and a good routine

One way to lose weight - and maintain your new weight once you've achieved it - is to establish new, good, habits, and a routine, that allow you to eat whatever you want without bothering to count calories.

(Indeed, you don't need to count calories, every. All you need to do is practice portion control, and run/walk/jog at leat 30 minutes a day.

Beware things that break your routine. For example, I'm currently in the process of driving from my old home in Yorktown, VA to my new home in Cheyenne, WY, via Burleson, TX where I have relatives.

Now when you're traveling - or at least when I'm traveling - I like to get out every hour or so and walk around. And buy a snack from a vending machine. And since I'm in a hurry I get fast food via McDonalds or some similar restaurant, instead of going to a sit down restaurant.

And since I regard travelling as a treat, I'm more likely to stop in at a Dairy Queen for a hot fudge sundae - despite the ridiculous prices.

Also when you travel, you're exercise routine gets interrupted, unless the hotel in which you're staying has an exercise room, or your relatives are also health conscious and go walking every day.

(Sadly, although my aunt is health conscious and does go walking every day, she does it at 5 in the morning. No thank you! I don't even get up until 9!)

No comments:

Post a Comment