Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Friday, October 15, 2010

Habits Help You Lose Weight

When I was young, I developed the habit of opening up a Pepsi every time I sat down at my home computer. (Pepsi is my tipple of choice.)

I work from home, on my computer, so I ended up drinking quite a lot of Pepsi asthe day progressed. Every Pepsi has 150 calories, so I ended up having an extra 1,500 empty calories a day because of this.

I cut back gradually. Every other time I got up, I'd substitute a cold glass of water for the pepsi.

Cutting back consumption of 600 calories a day is that easy. Make no other changes in your routine, and you'll lose weight.

But of course it'll help to increase your exercise level as well.

What habits do you have? Start keeping a journal and write down how much food and drink you consume in a day - and when. And why. (Because you're hungry, bored, stressed, taking a break, visiting friends, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment