Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Monday, August 27, 2012

Your winter sport - bowling

I went bowling on Saturday, the first time in maybe a decade, and I really enjoyed it. So much so that I intend to make it my winter sport, once it gets too cold to bike.

You get a good workout with bowling - if you're mobile of course. (Otherwise, swimming will do.)

You have your throwing hand, but your other hand and arm gets exercise as you hold the ball preparatory to throwing it, and both your legs will get exercise - albeit the tops of your thighs more than any other muscle.

I didn't do very well, points wise, it must be said - barely broke 100 each time. But this I blame on the shoes that I had to rent from the alley. They didn't slide, so my release point was always awkward.

I ordered some $30 shoes on Ebay, and they should be here by next Friday. Until the advent of winter, I'll be playing 3 games every Saturday, and once winter comes, probably more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment