Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Soups's on, and even salad

With the Weight Loss Without Tears program, I advocate eating the same foods you already eat, just in smaller portions.

However, if you feel like you do need to modify your eating habits in more than just eating smaller portions, I suggest substituting one meal... not with a teeny tiny snack bar, but with soup. Soup for lunch always works well.

You can either make your own soup, if you are so incined, in large quantities which you can freeze in separate containers, so you can thaw one each day, or every other day, or whenever the fancy for soup takes you.

I myself stick with Campbells, which if course never gives you enough. For example, I like Chicken Noodle soup, except there's usually so little chicken in it that it should really be called Noodle Soup with chicken flavoring. So I cook up a chicken breast, and chop that into bits, and add it to the soup.

I also like to have a filling salad for lunch - in addition to lettuce I add white meat chicken, pecans, hard-boiled egg slivers, and so on. I also add French dressing - the real thing, not diet or fat free.

No comments:

Post a Comment