Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Saturday, August 13, 2011

4 Million *More* Men Are Overweight Than Women

I was browsing through the Jenny Craig website - I remember seeing the Valerie Bertinelli/Jason Alexander commercials, and they were kind of cute (I'm a fan of Alexander's) so I found his page on the site, and there are a few of his commercials there.

In one of them, Alexander states that there are 4 million *more* overweight men then women. And that's pretty believable. Why is this? Because guys don't obsess about their weight the way women do. They can have beer bellies out to *here*, but they'll still think every woman that walks by - beautiful or not - is giving them the eye.

I admit that when I picture my audience I picture women - and since many more women than men become anorexic I always try to fight against that trend in my posts. The appropriate weight is all about health - not appearance.

And that holds true for men as well as women.

No comments:

Post a Comment