Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle

As a kid, I used to do jigsaw puzzles, then got away from it. Now, age 50, I'm back into them again.

I don't work on them full time - indeed I've just now started the second of three puzzles I bought a while ago, a series of sea turtle artwork puzzles. Typically I work on them on Sundays when I'm watching football, and during Monday night football.

And occasionally when I've been working hard on my lil ol' computer, I take a break, go upstairs, and give it a few minutes...

And since I've been working on these jigsaw puzzles, philosophical thoughts come into my head.

For example - life is like a jigsaw puzzle. So is work. So is losing weight.

When you do a jigsaw puzzle, the first thing any sensible person does is sort out the edged pieces and put together the frame, and then work inward from there. [I say, sensible people, because I've been reading up on people who do jigsaw puzzles and there are folks who like to make things difficult for themselves. For example, they won't even look at the box while they're doing the puzzle!)

In addition, as you sort through your pieces, you also group together all pieces that have the same colors, or the same matching design, and so on, and put those together next. Once you've got those easily identifiable portions complete, you start working around the rest of the puzzle until voila, you've completed the puzzle.

And that's exactly what you do with life in general, with your job (in particular if you own your own business) and in losing weight.

How does this relate to losing weight?

Well, in a jigsaw puzzle, the first thing you do is put together your frame.

In losing weight, you also have to put together a frame - and accept your body frame, as well.

There are 3 main body frames for women - small, medium, large. (Other frames include big hips and small top (pear shaped), hour glass shaped (big hips and big breasts) and Twiggy like - small hips, small breasts.

Each of these frames dictate what your healthy weight will be. A woman who is pear shaped or hour-glassed shaped, with the same height of a woman who has a Twiggy frame, is simply going to weigh more. A woman with those two shapes simply must not try to achieve the same weight as a Twiggy framed woman - it is nothealthy.

Embrace your body frame!

That's one kind of frame. The other kind of frame is your framework for losing weight.

You need to put that together, before you can actually start to lose weight.

Framework, program, plan - those are all the same words - you must have a plan. (Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.)

I'll continue this analogy tomorrow, never fear. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment