Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Friday, March 16, 2012

Cooking Light Magazine

Although I advocate eating whatever you want, and not bothering to substitute "fat free" or "salt free" or other un-tasty foods for what you like to eat, there are resources for those who want to do that.

One of them is Cooking Light Magazine. http://www.cookinglight.com/

My dad, who is 78 years old and looks 60, has recently been getting this magazine. In his fifties he was about 40 pounds overweight, then decided to lose weight and did so. He did it the old fashioned way - no snacking after meals, go to bed hungry. He also went for long walks. Currently he plays racquetball 3 times a week with my sister. (I would like to play raquetball but the echoing sound just grates on my nerves, so I can't do it. Golf in another month, however.)

Anyway, I'm a chicken eater, and there are lots of great chicken recipes in these mags.

So check it out - either at their website or at the store, and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment