Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fly, my beauty! Fly, fly!

Living as I do in one of the windiest states in the US, I decided to stop complaining about it and take advantage of it.

About a week ago, I bought a cheap ol' bald eagle kite from Hobby Lobby. Then, for a couple of days, the wind actually stopped blowing. Typical.

Then, for two days, I'd try my kite, it would rise up a few feet, then dive about left and right madly before crashing to the ground.

My dad told me I needed to add a 6-foot tail.

I balked at this. If the kite needed a tail, I would have been told so in the directions.

But after two days of failure to get the kite to stay up for more than a few seconds at a time before spinning madly to earth, I asked my dad to put a tail on it.

Went out today and for the first time, the kite rose into the sky and stayed there. A couple of times it did do the "dive to left and right" thing, but I merely tightened up on the string and it held steady again.

Why do I mention this in a weight loss blog?

Well - because it takes muscles to hold onto that kite in 10-15 mph wind! Muscles I've apparently never used before because I can feel them in the tendons of my neck, and slightly less in my under arms.

Between the fun of hula hooping (once you get the hang of it, and that can take a couple of weeks of steady trying) and kite flying (if you live in a steadily windy area) you've got your sports all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment