Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Monday, December 3, 2012

Don't forget the stairs

As I've blogged many times in the past, I dislike winter. I don't like getting cold, and cold wind whistling past my ears gives me searing headaches.

So I get my exercise/aerobic exercise indoors.

I live on the ground floor of a two floor house, and there's a flight of about 10 steps up from my place to the main floor.

So I put some music on my laptop, and I run up and down those stairs for about 20 minutes.

Well...run is perhaps the wrong word. I vary bettween walking up them and trotting up them- - the main thing is to keep at it without stop fro 20  minutes to get the heart rate up.

But going up stairs really helps your leg muscles!

So if youve got a flight of stairs in your home or where you work, incorporate it into your exercise routine!




No comments:

Post a Comment