Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Golf results, Day 1: Humbled!

Well, gosh, golf is harder than it looks!

I only spent half an hour or so out there...I need to build a wooden plank or something in which to set my golf tees because the sandy ground around here isn't too good...

I hit only 30 balls, that's enough for my first day. Two of 'em actually rose in the air and went maybe 20-30 yards or so. Most of them stayed on the ground, five of em stopped after about 20 feet! and of course a couple of times I completely whiffed. Whiffed!

Then came the tracking down of the balls - that's where you'll get most of your exercise. You can buy a golf retriever - a long handled instrument that you can use to grip the ball without having to bend down and pick it up. But it's that bending down that's beneficial - exercise-wise, so forget about the golf retriever.

Tomorrow I'll aim for 60 balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment