Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Women's Basketball Tourney

I'm watching the Tennessee Lady Vols play the Kentucky Wildcats, and not enjoying it very much. Both teams play a stationary offense, everyone just stands around and stands around until time begins to run out, then they frantically try to get a score.

Many years ago, I think Duke ran a motion offense, and my goodness they were pretty to watch. Everyone moved all the time, running screens, running in circles, and the passes were pretty. I don't think anyone plays like that anymore.

As I think I have blogged before, I've only recently relocated to Cheyenne, Wyoming, the city of never-ending wind, and I'm not too sure if I'm going to be doing much biking in the summer - my favorite pastime.

But I must have some kind of physical activity, or sport, to play, to get my exercise. I'm busy working on my golfing skills, but I think I'm also going to invest in a stand up basketball hoop - something I've always wanted but never gotten around to getting before.

That's going to be fun. I don't expect to play other peoople, but I can play HORSE by myself, and running down the basketball will keep my legs moving.

I'm hoping that the wind will not be too bad once this winter is over - I've been promised it wont be... we'll see!

But the lesson is - there is some activity that you can find to do, no matter how inclement the weather, or how disagreeable your neighborhood might be. (And hopefully you're neighborhood is not too disagreeable.)

And exercise makes the process of losing - and maintaining - weight, just that more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment