Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Embark on My Golf Career

I went to my local Sport Authority today, and bought a driver for $20.00, 30 recycled tennis balls for $15, and 75 tees for $6.

They had other drivers there for over $100, but all I want is some kind of a piece of equipment to practice my golf shot, and a $20 driver is just fine.

I live on an acre-plot of ground out in the country, about 10 miles away from Cheyenne, WY, so I expect to be able to hit the ball with impunity.

I've given up watching golf..Phil Mickelson has been a constant disappointment to me, and the prospect of watching golfers, 90% of them who have at least a little paunch, with probably at least 30% of them with great big paunches, just annoys me...cuz you know if a professional woman golfer appeared on the circuit like that, she'd never hear the end of it.

For those of my readers who live on such vast plots of land, why not take up golf? Not necessarily the whole game, but get a driver and some balls and practice hitting them, then do the walking necessary to pick them all up, and hit them again.

We live in such a stressful world...and there's no denying that using your whole body, culminating with a smack at the end, certainly feels good. Don't hit people, hit a golf ball.

For those who live in urban areas, check out your local parks and see if you can't practice hitting golf shots there. You can go to driving ranges - but there of course you have to pay for a bucket of balls, and all you'll be able to do is hit them - someone else in a cart goes along and collects up all the balls.

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going outside now with my new driver and my new golf balls and a couple of my new tees, and see just how far I can hit 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment