Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Don't forget the stairs...

I've had a month of good weather here in Cheyenne, and so I've been out on my bike...biking about 5 miles a day (which is really nothing, except that even with good weather, the wind is always against me at some point, so I get the calorie burn of riding 7 or 8 miles a day, I'm sure!)

But now it's getting cooler...and here in Cheyenne when winter comes, the wind reeeeaaaaally comes. It's non stop at the best of times, but really fierce during winter.

So I've been cautioning all my clients who've also taken up biking...if it's too unpleasant to ride during the upcoming winter months, they've got to keep their cardio/whole body exercise going. For myself, I've got a flight of steps that I'll be running up and down about 30 times a day (there's only about 10 steps).

A couple of clients have invested in stationary bike machines, one bought a Step Up - basically a long plastic plank suspended on a couple of plastic planks.

This might seem kind of boring, but if you put it in front of your TV and step to music, or watch an exciting TV show, it should be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment