Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Even Those Who Know Better Can Sometimes Fail...

For the last week it's been too cold to be outside doing any biking.

I've been with my clients on a regular basis of course, helping them with their workouts and sharing lifetime-eating advice, then I come home... and have been pigging out myself.

Family issues - my brother lost his job and came here (we've got a spare bedroom used for guests and my brother, who loses his job every couple of years - he's in a volatile field) and various other things...

End result I've been eating way too much comfort food and not working out, biking or doing anything physical at all.

Well, my brother just got hired, and will be out of the house by Wednesday. I like to think that I'd've stopped this wallowing in the fleshpots on my own today anyway, but the fact that my brother will be out of my hair has certainly helped.

I've gained a pound...I'm not too worried about it.

I'll make a conscious effort to run up and down my stairs steadily for twenty minutes or so, starting today, and make sure I take smaller portions (but not too small) and after a couple of weeks I'll have lost that pound and get my fitness level back up to where it should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment