Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bob Newhart from the 70s

Even as I type...there's a Bob Newhart episode on in which this psychiatrist has been told he needs to lose weight. And it's late at night - when everyone has gained weight because of a day spent eating - and he's standing on the scale saying he's gained an eighth of a pound in 5 hours.

I hate it when they demean Bob's character like this. He would know that you don't obsess over gaining an eighth of a pound in 5 hours.

Meantime, this morning, I was at my local Walmart. I looked at, I think, a People magazine. On the cover were photos of some actresses who looked like skin and bones - namely LeAnn Rimes and Jennifer Connolly.

And I thought - how hypocritical of this magazine. If any of these actresses were five pounds overweight, their writers and photogs would pounce on it and say, "She's gotten fat." "Why has she gotten fat." ya da ya da. But now they're pretending all this concern for these anorexic women... although there was also a photo of Mathew McConahay looking too skinny as well...and what is going on with Sean Murray - he's so gaunt now it's scary.

The media needs to take a long, hard look at the role they play in these actors and actresses downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment