Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Saturday, September 8, 2012

Well...dang

Looks like my ambition to make a living on the senior circuit of a Bowling tourney is not going to materialize...

Played today and did not do well at all.

113 first game, 114 second game, 93 third game.

The ball just would  not go straight... it would curve either right or left.  Except on those occasions when I *wanted* it to curve right or left and *then* it would go straight!

Nothing is more annoying - or heartbreaking-  then getting a total of 3 pins in the next frame *after* you bowled a strike!

I know you can get these wrist thingies to keep your wrist from "breaking" but I shall not employ them. It's me, the ball and the pins... and did I but have some slidey shoes... (I've looked at the bottoms of my  new shoes...there's a white "slidey" surface on the balls of the feet, which after 6 games total (3 Wed, 3 today) is already getting grey - which tells me the area of the bowling lane where you make your approach is not that clean...which must be what stops me from sliding. (But then again, the guy I was playing with had no problem, he shot a 164 in our final game).

Don't get me wrong...it's still fun. The challenge is to figure out what I'm doing wrong...since I try every time to do everything the same way and I concentrate on rolling the ball with my wrist straight because I don't want it to curve, normally...but I'm doing something wrong.

I ordered a Monsters Inc ball on ebay about a week ago, hopefully it will arrive Monday. Foolishly, I don't even know what weight it is. I assumed it'd be 6 pounds or so - a kid's ball that I could wield easily, but in checking the internet - as opposed to Ebay - I think they made these things in a variety of weights. It is not drilled, so I'll have to take it into the ProShop at the bowling alley to do that. Supposedly a ball drilled to the specifications of your hand are a lot better than the "one size fits all" balls that you get at the bowling alley.

More reports as they develop. When that ball arrives and I take it to be drilled, I'll just have to play 3 games with it then to see if it improves my score!


No comments:

Post a Comment