Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well...damn

I got my bowling shoes today...and immediately went to the bowling alley to check them out.

They don't slide either.

The box says "long sliders" so I know they're supposed to slide... so it's got to be whatever the alley itself does to the floors of the lanes.

Very annoying.

So, here's a summary of my scoring.

8/25/12.  My first day bowling in probably 10 years
9/1/12 - Bowled with 2 other guys
9/5/12 - bowled all on my own for 3 games. First two games sucked as I kept trying to get the damn shoes to slide. Third game...not sure if that was luck or not. Will find out Saturday!

8/25/12: 75 - 108 - 109
9/1/12:  102-102-87
9/5/12: 72 - 94 - 125

I got 1 strike and 4 spares in this last game.

(In game 1 today...I got two strikes, but my subsequent 2 balls were 1 and 2 on the first occasion, and 4 and 3 on the 2nd.  I also started out with 3 points each on the first two rounds - I'd get 3 then miss the rest as I struggled to figure out the shoe/non-slidey lane paradigm.

Still, it was fun. It's a challenge. I will figure it out, and I will improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment