Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Make Sure You Read Labels!

It used to be that it was easy to avoid food that was reduced fat, reduced sodium...reduced taste.

The packaging clearly indicated with a bright green stripe across the top or something similar. Also, most of the food was the real thing and the reduced crap occupied a single row.

Now it seems to be different. Now the reduced fat/sodium/calorie crap takes up the majority of shelf space, and you've got to work hard to find the unadulterated product. It wouldn't surprise me if pretty soon that's all you'll be able to find on the shelves!

I embark on this rant because a couple of weeks ago I picked up a box of beef quesadillas at Sams. I didn't even bother to read the label beyond the word "beef", I admit, but when I looked at the box today prior to opening it...there it was plain as day, Made with reduced fat cheese.

Blech....

Don't get mer wrong...I suppose if you were raised on reduced fats foods you'd be used to the taste and it wouldn't bother you...but *I* prefer to reduce my fat and calorie intake by the portions I eat, not by some cheese company doing something to the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment