Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Add-ons Add to Calories

When I have my lunch, I usually go in streaks according to what's in my freezer. Right now I'm eating chicken or steak quesadillas. And because these are frozen food things (I get them from Sam's Club) they need to be improved. I add a dollop of sour cream and some extra cheese.

And because I do this, the calories as listed on the box are of course not right.

I don't much bother about this - what's a dollop of sour cream and cheese among friends?

What you have to worry about is when you do add-ons to ice cream. Adding chocolate syrup to vanilla ice cream - that's another 200 calories that you don't really need, even if it does make the ice cream taste better.

It's just something to be aware of. You're cutting back your eating gradually, which is good - the more gradual you go the easier time your stomach will have in shrinking to accommodate a lower appetite. That reduces food cravings and helps you stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment