Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Sunday, February 26, 2012

Necessity finds a way

I can't go outside in this horrible weather - wind! wind! wind! - so I have to get my cardiovascular exercise in a different way.

I've got a 2-floor house, with steps leading from one floor to the other.

What I do is put a CD in my walkman and head up and down those stairs at either a walk or a trot for half an hour.

Going up stairs is actually pretty good exercise for the legs - you get more exercise doing that than just walking.

It's not quite as fun as going out into the fresh air - sans wind, of course - and looking at the scenery while you enjoy the perfection that is your body walking - but if you look at it as something fun to do than it can be fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment