Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Sunday, February 5, 2012

Don't Snack - Eat

Too many people skip breakfast...then are so hungry that they snack until lunch.

Or they skip lunch and snack until dinner time.

Never realizing that the amount of food they "snack" is just as much food as they'd have eaten if they'd had a sit down meal, and frequently more.

Snacks are never filling, so people eat more and more of them to try and fill up. Whereas if they'd just eaten the breakfast or the lunch to begin with, they'd have been full enough to wait until the next regularly scheduled meal.

Then of course there's those kids like my nephew, who will snack and snack even though they are going out to a restaurant. There, they'll be a little hungry, so order a $10 or $12 meal, and just eat a bit of it, wasting the rest. Only to be met with the reaction from their parents, "That's all right."

God how it annoys me when they do that!

Well, that was a bit of a digression. My regular readers here know that I can't stand my nephew, nor the way he is being raised by my sister and her husband. According to the husband, he's "a teenager" which means he can do anything he wants. Because that's what teenagers do. Drives me crazy. And my sister never criticizes him. He spoils his appetite for dinner? That's alright, you don't have to eat any more if you don't want to. You went to a boring school when you were five years old? I'm sorry. Ya da ya da. I'm surprised the kid has turned out as well as he has - spoiled, but not vicious with it. But once he gets to 15 or 16 and gets a car and wants to start dating and all that type of thing...I don't think things will turn out well. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, back to the point of this article. If you're going to eat chicken for lunch or dinner from McDonald's - get chicken mcNuggets, not Chicken McBytes!

I just saw a commercial for McDonald's McBytes, which reminded me that I had tried a small boxful, picking them up from the McDonald's inside my local Walmart.

They were awful.

When you buy chicken nuggets, you get a nice mouthful of white-meat chicken and a little bit of breading. With the McBytes, which are their form of popcorn chicken, you get a teeny tiny piece of chicken - if you are lucky, and the rest of it is breading.

Even if the breading were delish, it wouldn't be good enough. When I buy something that has the word "chicken" in it, I want chicken!

I will be buying no more McDonald's McBytes.

No comments:

Post a Comment