Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Friday, February 10, 2012

Double Churned, Low Fat Ice cream

I have blogged about this before, but I wanted to put in another plug for it again, because it's wonderful stuff.

I do not buy food that has the fat taken out of it, or the sugar, or the salt, because it never tastes as good as "the real thing."

Having said that, Dryers Slow Double Churned Rich & Creamy 1/2 the fat offerings taste great. As a connoiseur of chocolate ice cream, I tell you this in all confidence - it tastes exactly the same as "the real thing."

Now, as I have also blogged, everyone needs to know their weaknesses. Mine is chocolate ice cream. I love chocolate ice cream and if I had it in the house, yes, will power would go by the window. I woulnd't eat the whole carton in one sitting, but I'd definitely have two bowlfuls.

I like maple nut ice cream, and can settle for one bowl of that for my dessert - before 8 pm, mark you. It tastes great, and has less fat and less calories in the same bowlful that I normally eat.

So if you decide to try out this ice cream remember - just because it has 1/2 the fat and calories does not mean that you can eat two bowl fulls and feel virtuous. Since your object is to lose or maintain weight, one bowlful is enough per day!

No comments:

Post a Comment