Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Friday, February 3, 2012

What does breast cancer have to do with planned parenthood?

There has apparently been a controversy in the last few days. The Susan Komen Breast Cancer foundation said it would stop donating to Planned Parenthood - which is under fire because it councils girls and womens to get abortions if they want them.

And I have no problem with that. If a girl or woman doesn't want a child - can't afford a child - why should she be forced to have a child who will just become another burden in our welfare rolls?

But that's not the point. The point is this.

If I donate money to something called the Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation - I expect every last cent of my money donated to go to ... you know... research to end breast cancer. I don't expect them to turn around and send my money - and other people's money - to other charities!

If I wanted to donate to Planned Parenthood, I'd do so!

Truth to tell I don't donate to either charity, but this has raised a red flag. Next time I am tempted to donate somewhere... I will make damn sure that the place where I'm donating money actually uses it for the purpose stated in its name!

No comments:

Post a Comment