Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Is it cold at Wimbledon or what?

I haven't watched tennis since Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova retired.  I've seen it in the sense that my dad watches it and I've walked past while he's watching a match...but none of the names - at least on the women's side - are familiar anymore.

So I've got "early morning Wimbledon" turned on, and its Falconi of the U S vs Azarenka of Belarus.

I don't know which is which, but one girl is tall and slender, and appears to have the upper half of her shirt glued to her breasts. She is wearing a skin tight shirt, that reveals everything, and there's these breasts, well outlined, and it just looks so weird. Presumably she does this - or her fashion designer has done this, to give all the male viewers a good look at those breasts.   (Well, at least she's not wearing the skintight outfit and plunging neckline that the Williams sisters seem to favor....).

(Not that I have any objection to small breasts. My life would have been much better  if I'd been a size A instead of a size 36 C, I can tell you.)

The other woman also is wearing a skin tight shirt - which reveals a bit of chunkiness...or solidness...whatever the appropriate term, below her breasts. And there is nothing wrong with that, by the way. Good for her to not buy into the "you have to be skinny as a rail to play professional sports" attitude. (Unfortunately, you can't have large breasts and play professional sports.  ; (     )

What is it with all this skin-tight stuff. Do female athletes really need to pander to the male urge for eye candy?

Of course they do. Take the track runners. Guys wear full body suits, or at least shorts that go down to their thighs. Women? Bikinis. Got to show off that flat stomach and belly button.

I've never really understood that obsession with the belly button, but I guess that just proves I'm straight rather than gay....


No comments:

Post a Comment