Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Monday, May 28, 2012

Gardening is hard work!

I think I've blogged about this before...

I'm creating a rock garden in my "front" yard. (I live on the 1st floor of a two story house. Technically the "front" yard is on the opposite side of the house, on 2nd floor, but my door and my windows open on to the "back"  yard, which is therefore my "front  yard."

What I'd really like to do is have the whole thing be a rock garden, with a mixture of that red and white rock you can buy. But I have a huuuuuuuge front yard - and the cost was prohibitive. The more so since I have a ton of rock in my back yard (the actual front yard), and more importantly, on the dirt road that runs past my house.

It's a perfectly fine packed down dirt road, but for some reason every couple of weeks they "grade" it, and put down sand with small rocks in it - a bit bigger than gravel. So for two weeks everyone who drives down this road scatters rock to the left and right sides of the road (with of course a bit of rock actually hitting one's car - very annoying).

So rather than dig out all the nice big rocks in my "back" yard, I've started picking up all the medium size rock on the sides of my road.

Which is still a lot of work because you have to squat down, stand up, squat down, stand up, bend over, ya da  ya da, then carry a bucketful of rock down the drive way to the "garden."

Want to work out - start a rock garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment