Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Winter is here again, oh lord

I have a feeling I've used that title before, but it can never be used too often.

I'm a warm weather girl, and winter sports don't appeal.

I've moved from Yorkcounty, VA to Cheyenne, WY. There's little snow in Cheyenne, usually it snows and is gone within a day (Or so I've been told). What I don't like about Cheyenne is the constant wind.

On my drive from Virginia to Cheyenne, I stopped in in Texas, where I have relatives, and they gifted me with a book called The Wind (aka The Winds of West Texas). Written almost a hundred years ago, it was made into a movie with one of the Gish sisters, and is all about a pampered Eastern woman who goes west and is driven insane by the constant wind.

I'm seriously thinking about picking up an inexpensive electric bike. (If I can find an inexpensive one!) It's relatively flat here in Cheyenne, but of course my house is in a hilly area. Typical!

As I'm sure I dont' need to tell you, losing weight or maintaining weight during the winter months is difficult. It's too cold to go out and walk or run for any but the most dedicated jogger, and when you're housebound you have a tendency to snack more.

It's important therefore to establish and maintain good habits during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment