Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Avoid mystery meat

There are certain foods that I would never eat. I don't understand how people can eat them, except I suppose since they are cheap, people may have no choice.

Right up there is Spam. Who knows what's in Spam?

Then we've got hotdogs. Now, they have all beef hotdogs, which taste a heckuva lot better than those hotdogs made with beef, chicken and ...some other ingredient that's escaping me at the moment - but the fact is it's all mystery meat. Some of it might be actual meat, and some of it could be "tubes" or bones ground up or crap like that.

Then there's the pink slime of hamburgers. Why in the word are hamburger manufacturers putting this stuff in our hamburgers???

It's not enough to make me a vegetarian, but I usually go for 'real' meat - actual chicken breasts (for all that they've been injected with water to make them plumper and juicier) and steak.

Same thing with  fish. I'm not a fish eater, but if you're going to eat fish, eat real fish, not fish sticks!

Then of course there's juice. If you want to drink juice, drink real juice  - orange juice, grape juice, etc, not the sugared water with a touch of orange or grape flavor!

So have fun on the Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment