Pages

How to reach and maintain your ideal weight, using common sense.
This blog is for healthy individuals who are mobile.



Sunday, July 8, 2012

The mind numbing idiocy continues

This morning my dad removed all the coats and obstructions from the area where our "handyman" was supposed to work today... but of course he just called and said he's not coming.  His ex-girlfriend came into town unexpectedly yesterday so he didn't get his chores around his trailer done. So he's going to do them today.

The mind-numbing idiocy is not from him - clearly he doesn't want to do the work and this is and has been his way of saying so for thirty-f*cking-weeks. Thirty.

The idiocy is from my dad. I said, "Can we please just do the sanding, texturing, and painting ourselves. And my dad said, "No. We'll give him one more week. If he doesn't show up next week we'll cut him off."

This would be frustrating enough in itself, but the fact is I never wanted this work done in the first place! And told my dad so at the time!

The guy takes four hours to do a one hour job. There are three more areas to go. He could get them all done in a single day if he'd work quickly and efficiently, but that's not his way. So that's at least  three more weeks that I'll have to wait. And two of these areas are in my bedroom/office, which I'd really like to have done so I can move dressers and bookcases back in place.

However...after 30 weeks of this idiocy I'm acclimated now. I shall not go out and buy myself a DQ Blizzard to soothe my frazzled nerves. Unfortunately what I have done is spend a couple hundred dollars on the garden outside my front door. Displacement activity, as I said last week. I have no control over what's going on on my own floor of the house (it's the equivalent of a duplex), so I created an environment I could control - the garden. But I'd much rather have had that money so I could buy more book-cases and cabinets for inside the house where they're really needed!

Ah well. Excuse me while I go for a long, hard bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment